If you’ve ever doubted your excellency, see if you can par 10 for 10 of these signs that you are indeed a dedicated receptionist!
- You speed-pee because missing a call feels equivalent to ramming a toe into a steel door.
- You get 45 minutes of lunch instead of 60 because Excel spreadsheets are as good as hypnosis.
- You’d rather not take a day off for fear someone will adjust your chair, or worse, your monitor position.
- You hide all your good pens; leaving borrowers to pick from freebies your bank and dentist provided.
- Even at home you answer your phone “Hello, this is ___. May I help you?”.
- Going out right after work means going with a kink in your neck from a handset, because the headset hair-dent isn’t a trend.
- The office printer is both your baby and your nemesis.
- Your telemarketer and BS radar is a runner-up to psychic senses.
- Your wordsmith skills are not affected by facial expressions.
- You never refer to yourself as “just the receptionist”.
Lacie Lederman 6-22-2016